I would *LOVE* for you and your family to join the 2017 Summer Reading Challenge! What’s better than rewarding your bookworm with free books, prizes and FUN?
Beat the summer slide! “Slide” is the academic loss children experience during the extended summer break from school. Children who don’t read during the summer can lose up to three months of reading progress and that loss has a cumulative, long-term effect. Keep your children having fun reading all summer!
Ready to get started?
- Download the 2017 Summer Reading Challenge Packet
- Join the Summer Reading Challenge Group for Tips & Reminders
How does the Summer Reading Challenge work?
Your child will receive Usborne books for completing the challenge! Participation in the Summer Reading Challenge involves:
- Reading (or being read to) at least 400 minutes during the 6 weeks (from June 12 – July 23). Prizes are awarded to children that go “above and beyond” and read even more!
- Collecting pledges from friends, neighbors and relatives who will support your child’s summer reading.
- Turning in 100% of pledges at the end of the challenge- no later than July 24
- Selecting reward books totaling 125% (SCORE!) of collected pledges – no later than July 31.
Who can participate?
Children of all ages can participate in the Summer Reading Challenge. Younger children can be read to by parents or older siblings. You can join from anywhere in the United States! If you’re participating in other Summer Reading Challenges through your local library or school, feel free to double up and join both challenges! Download your packet now!
Let’s get reading this summer!